Everyone has travel experiences, both good and bad, and sometimes it helps to have pointers from fellow travelers who have “been there, done that”. Sometimes knowing certain things ahead of time help make your trip that much more enjoyable. This collection of posts has tips, hints and everyday wisdom and as always…..please share your own tips in the comments. You never know when you could help make someone’s trip better! Also in this section are GENERAL travel features that don’t apply to just a specific region. For example, I am a lover of lighthouses and you find lighthouses all over this country, so many to visit, so little time!
- (National Parks Passport program) 3/5/2016 Seek out your Passport!
- (visiting the National Parks) 3/5/2016 Start @ the Visitor’s Center!
- (State Parks,general) 3/14/2016 State Parks: Not to be overlooked!
- (Lighthouses) 3/23/2016 For the Love of Lighthouses
- (Civilian Conservation Corps) 4/22/2016 The Impact of the CCC on America’s Parks
- (Internet Travel planning tips) 6/1/2016 Summer travel season begins! Minimize Travel costs using Internet travel planning.
- (National Park Service) 8/25/16 Happy Birthday National Park Service!
- (Waterfalls) 11/23/16 Waterfall Wonders
- (Local trips) 4/15/2017 How about a “Staycation”?
- (National Parks, Senior Pass) 8/9/2017 National Parks Senior/Lifetime Pass to Increase
- (Lighthouses) 10/24/17 The Lighthouse Enigma; a sustaining fascination with those Beacons of Light.
- (National Park Service) 12/5/2017 Parks & Politics: Trying (so very hard) to keep politics out of the discussion.
- (Local travel) 1/07/2018 Cabin Fever Cures
- (blog about a fun, entertaining book about National Park visits)3/1/2018 “Dear Bob and Sue” : A Fresh & Fun perspective on the NPS
- (airplane travel woes) 8/8/2018 Adrift in the Land of Lost Luggage
- (Free museums) 10/26/2018 Just Because its FREE, Doesn’t mean its Lame